Have yourself a look at the Jays' mugshots, courtesy of Getty Images. Always good for a laugh. Some highlights
- Pat Hentgen looks like a stroke victim.
FarrellGibbons could probably stand to go for a jog, or at least tuck his shirt in and look like a goddamn ballplayer.
- Colby Rasmus' hair is longer than mine.
- Henry Blanco went to school with my grandfather.
- R.A. Dickey looks perpetually bewildered.
- Mark Buehrle may have seen a ghost.
- The shot of Rajai Davis holding up his nametag reminds me of the photoshopped picture of Tiger Woods, with his mouth shaped like a Nike swoosh.
- Ramon Ortiz.
Dirk Hayhurst is linking to some little video clips on his twitter. They appear to be doing lots of promotional stuff, but there was a video of Sergio Santos throwing as well.
I don't know if this guy made this himself, or just was the first to find it, or what, but this is fucking awesome. 8-Bit Blue Jays.
Russell Martin is going to play shortstop for Canada at the WBC.
Seems like everybody is mentoring everybody, and that team chemistry won't be an issue.
Fangraphs compares Aaron Sanchez and Noah Syndergaard.
Sportsnet plans to air all the Jays' spring training games, either on the radio or on Sportsnet, starting with Saturday's contest against the Tigers. Baseball is here, folks.