Tuesday 18 June 2013

Go Time: Colby Smolders


I'd like to point out that I don't watch How I Met Your Mother, mostly because I've seen a few episodes and didn't really consider any of the jokes to be all that funny.  I do know that the one girl who isn't Alyson Hannigan's name is Colby Smulders.  I also know that Colby Rasmus isn't beating the world, per se, but is quietly having himself a pretty nice season, and I was fairly surprised today when I happened to look up the WAR leaders for the Jays, and that's where the pun comes full circle.  He's not on fire, just smoldering.

I was actually looking to see what Adam Lind's plate totals ( .344/.411/.522) amounted to, but quickly stopped caring all that much when I saw that Colby Rasmus is sitting at a handsome 2.0 fWAR with a .249/.316/.472 slash line and above average defense.  ZiPS and Steamer both project him to regress a little bit, and if I understand what their projections are saying, I think they're expecting the average CF wOBA to rise a bit as well, but still, they expect a 3-3.5 WAR season out of Rasmus when it's all said and done.

That's pretty good for a country boy who was striking out every other AB early on this season.

Stuff
DJF has Muni and Bautista stretching.

Fangraphs has Dickey knuckling.

Jays Journal has Morrow hurting again.

Jeff Francis is sure to serve up about 12 taters to our lefty-mashing friends tonight, as the Jays go for 7 in a row and try to inch their way back to .500.  Incumbent staff-ace Esmil Rogers hopes to avoid such a fate.

I owe a post on Maicer Izturis too; maybe tomorrow.

Lineups
Jays
Melky
Bautista
Edwin
Lind
Derosa
Davis
JPA
Izturis
Bonifacio

Rogers

Rockies
Rutledge
Pacheco
Gonzalez
Cuddyer
Rosario
Helton
Arenado
Colvin
Herrera

Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment