Saturday 28 May 2011

Holy Crap!

A victory!  Cool!  I didn't get to see much of it because I had to go drinking, and the bar we were at only had 9 big fucking TV's mounted all over the place.  A tenth miiiiiight have been able to fit a baseball game in (you know, that sport that actually had a Canadian team playing), but with just 9 screens visible from the entire bar, the only way to go is all hockey.

And hey, this game starts pretty early today, which means I can't watch it either.  Carlos Thrillanueva goes for Toronto, and Edwin Jackson for Chicago.  DON'T SWING.  Edwin Jackson is effectively wild at the best of times, and downright dangerously out of control at the worst, so I'm sure he'll be somewhere in between as long as the Jays will let him.

Coupla things for you:  Dave Cameron from Fangraphs has a piece about Edwin Encarnacion's defense, and calls for his relegation to a permanent bench role, if not his straight up release.  I've always assumed that they'll release him whenever Lawrie/Snider/Cecil/whoever comes up, and I've never really had a huge problem with him being on the team (other than he sucks) since he's not going to be here next year, but Cameron actually makes a lot of sense.

There's really no reason to keep him on the roster, let alone in games, considering how awful he's been with both the bat and the glove (arm?), especially since he was a reclamation project after getting non-tendered at the end of last season. Why not give Mike Mccoy and John Mcdonald the full share of playing time?  I think they've earned it, McDonald for being a fan-fave and defensive magician, and Mccoy for going to and from Las Vegas more than.... As a poker player, you'd think I could come up with some kind of gambling joke, but alas, here we are.  I mean, I realize that hopping on a plane 7 times in a season just to be the replacement 25th guy on the roster shouldn't mean much in terms of deserving playing time, but Jayson Nix and EE both just fucking suck so hard.

And speak of the devil, Mike Mccoy got called up today, when John McDonald was put on the 15-day DL.  Not quite sure why, but I'll either report on that later, or just let you figure that shit out yourselves.  I didn't know this tidbit until after I wrote the above paragraph, but fuck it.  Leavin' it anyway.

And now it's time for your daily Adam Lind setback report:  What was supposed to be a rehab start today will now be a Monday start.  Stay tuned Monday for another disappointment.  Jesse Litsch won't throw for at least another 7 days, according to some guy named Eric Koreen?  I've never heard of him, but apparently he's a basketball writer for the National Post.  I'd rather have John Lott's expertise, but maybe he's on vacation or dead or something.

Former Jay Joe Inglett was released by the Astros yesterday.  That's fucking embarrassing.  I dunno, I'd expect to see him in a Jays uniform sooner or later.  I mean, they signed Chris fucking Woodward, DeWayne Wise, and Edwin, all former Jays that nobody fucking wanted, seems like a natural fit.

Newsflash!  Roy Halladay is still baseball's best pitcher!

Despite his recent suckiness/return to normalcy, Corey Patterson remains in the 2-hole for Toronto, and is DHing to boot.  I really hope this farm system pans out.  JP Arencibia gets the questionable day off, despite Brandon Morrow and Kyle Drabek not pitching today.  If this was the plan all along (i.e. yesterday and today), why not let Molina catch Drabek yesterday, like he apparently fucking has to all the time for some reason, and have JP DH so that he can catch today instead of having that fat shit Jose Molina in the lineup two days in a row?  Maybe there's something I don't know.  According to my best men, JP took a couple foul balls to the thumb yesterday, but is available.  Maybe that means if they REALLY need him?  I don't fucking know.

Lineups
Jays

Escobar SS
Patterson DH
Bautista RF
Rivera 1B
Hill 2B
Davis CF
Thames LF
Molina C
Nix 3B

Villanueva P


White Sux
Pierre LF
Ramirez SS
Dunn DH
Konerko 1B
Pierzynski C
Rios CF
Vizquel 2B
Lillibridge RF
Morel 3B

Jackson P

Wow.  This turned out pretty long, especially for a post without a single picture, zaun head, no recaps, or anything overly useful.  I should get in to politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment