Sunday 13 May 2012

Bautista Appears to be Back


So yeah, he's good at baseball again and everyone's happy.

I got drunk last night and forgot to Tivo the game, so I didn't exactly see anything other than the highlights.  I could have watched "Jays in 30" or whatever it's called, but Will Ferrell hosted Saturday Night Live last night, and it was truly awesome.  I'd go watch that if I were you.

As result of not seeing the game, I probably shouldn't comment on the fact that the Jays took 0 walks and struck out 9 times against P.J. Walters and the Minnesota pitching staff.  I mean, Brian Duensing is quite literally un-rosterable in at least 25 MLB systems.  I can only assume that Jays hitters saw Walters and just said "Holy fuck.  I'm going to crush everything." and just swung at a whole bunch of shitty pitches or something, and I'll probably just have to live with that opinion based on nothing.

It appears that Hutch did okay.  I'd really like to see him walk fewer people, especially against an offense as anemic as the Twins, but what can you do?

I'd really like to see the Jays fucking clobber the Twins at least once (i.e. today, please) the way they really should.  I'm not going to go out and say that the Jays should outright sweep the Twins in a 4-game set, because that's not really a realistic expectation, especially with the back end of the Jays' rotation getting the first three games of the series, but yeah.  This team should probably win a blowout against the Twins at least once in 4 games.  Having said all that, I really do expect Ricky Romero to go out there today and throw a 2-hitter.

Pink bats!

Lineups
Jays
Johnson 2B
Escobar SS
Bautista RF
Edwin 1B
Francisco DH
Lawrie 3B
Rasmus CF
Arencibia C
Davis LF

Romero P

Twins
Span CF
Dozier SS
Mauer 1B
Willingham LF
Doumit DH
Plouffe 3B
Komatsu RF
Butera C
Carroll 2B

Diamond P

No comments:

Post a Comment