Monday 15 April 2013

Go Time: Bizarro Buehrle


Mark Buehrle tonight for the Jays.  He's been less than impressive, to this point as a Blue Jay, giving us an ERA over 10 through two starts and 9.2 innings.  He's not the kind of guy that's going to blow you away or take your head off or anything, and it's only 2 games in to the year, so just in case I wasn't sounding like a broken record already, there's no need to panic at this point.

The thing with Buehrle is that I don't think I really ever thought of him as a Marlin, during his brief stint playing in Miami.  When I think of him, I just envision him in a White Sox uniform, despite the fact that he's a pitcher for the team that I write about, wear, think about, play as on video games, and generally cheer for.  And now, he'll face those very White Sox, as a member of the Jays.

Cute.

He'll face Gavin Floyd, who still isn't a Blue Jay!

Stuff
Danny Knobler of CBS Sports is reporting that Jose Reyes could be out for two months, and not the three months that was originally reported.

RA Dickey was featured on 60 Minutes last night, and was a guest on Q with Jian Ghomeshi on CBC radio today.

Casper Wells was DFA'ed today in order to make room for Ramon Ortiz.  In related news, I banged my head on a wall today.

I have something else cooking up, but I'm going to make a separate post about it, I think.  A quick taste of it, though:  Emilio Bonifacio strikes out a lot.

Bautista is going to miss tonight's game.  He's apparently been suffering through some back spasms.  That's fucking stupid.

Lineups
Jays
Bonifacio RF
Cabrera LF
Arencibia C
Encarnacion 1B
Lind DH
DeRosa 3B
Rasmus CF
Izturis 2B
Kawasaki SS

Buehrle P

[Note: Jesus Christ.]

White Sox
De Aza CF
Keppinger 3B
Rios RF
Konerko DH
Dunn 1B
Viciedo LF
Ramirez SS
Flowers C
Greene 2B

Floyd P

No comments:

Post a Comment