Wednesday 18 July 2012

Here Gose Nothing


All right kid.  By virtue of being fast, you get to bat in arguably the most important slot in the order, usurping the other fast guy, Rajai Davis as the leadoff man.  You got your first MLB hit (hit?) out of the way last night, so no need for the nerves today!

Not exactly going out on a limb here, but I'm going to predict that this isn't exactly going to go swimmingly.  I mean, Gose has some pretty average offensive numbers in AAA, and the virtue of being laser-fast probably has plenty to do with that, as his contact-rates aren't exactly worth ejaculating about.  Whatever, season's over, do whatever the fuck you feel like.

As for last night, I thought Cecil looked pretty good.  He threw quite a few pitches early on, which isn't all that rare, considering the Yankees' style, but he settled in quite nicely after the Jones HR.  I'll give him a Zaunhead, though Edwin was plenty worth it as well.

Other than that, sit back and enjoy, I suppose.  Sweet looking lineup.

Stuff
Tao of Stieb is mad at how they're treating Travis Snider.  I think I have some crazy in my ears.

Sean O'Sullivan went 8 innings, allowing just 4 hits last night in AAA Las Vegas.  !!!!

The Ryan Dempster sweeps may be coming to an end sooner or later, which means that the Matt Garza sweeps will begin soon.

Lineups
Jays
Gose RF
Lawrie 3B
Rasmus CF
Edwin 1B
Lind DH
JPA C
Johnson 2B
Davis LF
Vizquel SS

Romero P

Yankees (Not released yet, and I'm leaving, so I'll guess)
Jeter SS
Granderson CF
Arod DH
Cano 2B
Teixeira 1B
Swisher RF
Jones LF
Nix 3B
Martin C

No comments:

Post a Comment