Wednesday 6 June 2012

"He's a Pederast, Dude."


This is a Big Lebowski reference, for anyone who doesn't happen to be on quite the same page as I.  Don't fucking tell me that you haven't seen that movie.  And spell-check is telling me that "movie" isn't a word.  What the fuck is going on here?

Anyway, the White Sox are looking for vengeance for the beating that their pitching staff took last night, and they'll do so by sending some Quintana guy to the mound.  He should be a pushover. I don't think his name is Jesus, for the record, but maybe it is?  I doubt it, but I don't think it matters either way, and we do advance to the next round robin.  Am I wrong?  Am I wrong?

Uhh, what else?  Paul Konerko is nowhere to be seen.  He probably kidnapped himself.  That fuckin' bitch.  I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that whore... deep breath.  But really, Paul Konerko was a late scratch last night, and isn't in the lineup for the ringers (i.e. dirty undies, the weight, the "whites"... the ringer can not be empty).

Speaking of ringers... we've got Brandon Morrow tossing tonight.  And with no Konerko in the lineup for the White Sox, I feel confident.  Ricky Romero looked alright to me, save for a fat one given to AJ Pierzynski and some spotty defence behind him.  I think the most important part of the day was his lack of walks, though he looked like he was pretty done for out there in the 8th, even after throwing like 90 pitches or something similar.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.  Something... about last night's game.  Something central to the Blue Jays.  Oh right, Alex Rios had two hits last night, and he used to be a Bluejay.

And Colby Rasmus went 5-for-5 with a 2, 3 singles, and a smooth homerun.  And a Zaunhead.  Lineup experiment worked out alright, huh?

Stuff
"Baseball Abbreviations" is a category on Jeopardy tonight.

Edwin Encarnacion is a scratch again.  Barry Davis says the same thing he said yesterday: Edwin's hand feels better, but is still sore enough that he can't grab a bat comfortably, and that he'll try again tomorrow.

The priceless (the good kind) John Lott has a bunch of stuff on his twitter today, mostly about the draft and draft picks, and I assume that he talks about the same stuff mentioned below in this article for the National Post, though I haven't read it yet.  Among the items:

  • Tyler Gonzales, a 1st sandwich round pick, has said already that he will sign close to slot.  "The money they have offered … it’s enough for me. I’m ready to play. I’m ready to start my career." 
  • Matt Smoral tweeted today that he was "off to Dunedin!"  Lott tells us that he's probably going to Dunedin for a physical, and hasn't necessarily signed (yet).  Gonzales is also gone to Dunedin, also for a physical.  MLBTR points us to a Peter Gammons tweet that suggests that the deal is already done, though I don't see anything that quite confirms that yet.  [Update: Keith Law says that he's signed for $2MM.]
  • Lott says that Andrew Tinnish, Jays scouting director, said that the Jays intentionally drafted college seniors in rounds 4-10 in order to save slot budget room for their earlier picks, and that they had thought about doing so in preparation for the draft.
  • Some of those college seniors are signed already, though they won't announce which ones yet.  Mini-camps start next week.
Mike Cormack of SN tells us that Tinnish also said today that the Jays have a good shot at signing all of their 1st-through-10th rounders.

Baseball America has a list of college seniors who have already signed on the cheap, and the Jays have saved at least 300k on Tyler Donahue, who got a "4-digit" bonus for going in the 4th round.

Lineups
Jays
Lawrie 3B
Rasmus CF
Bautista RF
Arencibia C
Escobar SS
Johnson 2B
Gomes 1B
Cooper DH
Davis LF

Morrow P

Dirty Undies
De Aza CF
Beckham 2B
Dunn DH
Viciedo LF
Rios RF
Pierzynski C
Ramirez SS
Flowers 1B
Hudson 3B

Quintana P

No comments:

Post a Comment